Submerse yourself in a world of singing and discovery with an unforgettable experience in a log cabin mansion, located just 15 minutes away from Dollywood, in Gatlinburg TN area. Why 360? Because this 3 full-day, 4 night retreat, is designed to help you fully connect to your vocal instrument through increased awareness (mind), physical coordination (body) and self-expression (voice) by utilizing a scientific-based technique, known as Throga and the 7 Dimensions of Singing. Retreat classes and activities, led by Certified Throga Instructors and industry professionals, take place in spacious living rooms, a home-theater and an outdoor patio with several extra amenities. Plus, you have the option to bring a Guest to share your experience and enjoy the tranquility of a peaceful and scenic getaway. Regardless of your skill level (student or teacher), genre of singing (pop, country, rock, opera, Broadway, r&b, etc) or previous experience (absolute beginner or seasoned pro), come together to explore and challenge your skills in this fun and positive environment. This retreat is for adults, 21 and over, only.
Throga Retreat 360: mind body voice
April 30, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - May 4, 2020 @ 9:00 am
Classes and Activities
Singers can participate in as few, or as many, classes and activities as they like. Guests (optional) are invited to observe all retreat events, and even participate in the ones marked with a blue asterisk(*). Class titles and descriptions are subject to change.
- Throga Technique (7 Dimensions of Singing) *
- Performance Anxieties (overcome stage fright)
- Vocal Health (maintenance, recovery and nutrition) *
- Artist Development (how to stand out as a singer)
- Singing In The Studio (vocal production)
- Performance Technique (singing on stage)
- Evolution of Singing (exploring human history) *
- Vocal Gym (create a routine that’s right for you)
- Group Warm-ups (daily)
- Vocal Meditation (daily) *
- Record an Acoustic Solo (Piano or Guitar)
- Performance Coaching for Solo
- Co-write an Original Song
- Learn and Perform a Group Song
- And more…
Accommodations, food and beverages are INCLUDED in the Retreat Registration price! You can choose from a shared room with Queen-sized bunk beds (included in registration) or upgrade to your own private room with a King-sized bed and futon. You are welcome to share your private room with a guest for an additional charge or another singer. All attendees will have free Wi-Fi and a private TV with bathroom and shower in each room. As a general rule, we try to stick with healthy and organic choices for food, snacks and beverages whenever possible within the budget. We will survey in advance to learn of any specific allergies, diet restrictions and preferred items before we order any foods. Some dietary needs and restrictions may result in special purchases at additional charges. Please contact us BEFORE registering if you have any questions or concerns.
Throughout the retreat, you will be working both one-on-one and in class room settings with several industry professionals and Certified Throga Instructors, including Throga’s founder, Richard Fink IV. All Retreat Mentors with bios will be available soon.
- Richard Fink IV is the creator of Throga, #1 Best-Selling Author in vocal education and labeled as the “world’s leading online vocal coach” by the Wall Street Journal. Richard has taught Throga techniques to singers and speakers in over 100 countries, spanning all 7 continents, including multi-platinum selling artists, TV and film actors, political leaders, Broadway stars and singers signed to Warner Bros., Universal, Sony Music, Walt Disney, Columbia, Interscope, Atlantic, Mercury and Broken Bow, as well as featured on Disney, Nickelodeon, The Voice (USA and Australia), America’s Got Talent, The X Factor, American Idol, Yo Soy El Artista, Dancing with the Stars and many others. As a vocalist, Richard is a 3x Guinness World Record holder and award-winning singer for solo performances as Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar) and Jean Valjean (Les Miserables). He released multiple albums as a songwriter and vocal-producer between 1991 and 2005, which led to co-writing and demoing songs for top charting artists such as Josh Groban and Michael Jackson. Other career highlights as a vocal coach include touring with Big Time Rush, adjudicating the Voice of DanceLife Unite in Australia and the Suncane Skale competition in Europe, coaching at Talent Camp at Universal Studios and speaking at JMC Academy (Berklee College of Music affiliate) in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. Most notably, Richard became the first person in history to be awarded a full-utility patent on a vocal training technique with the 7 Dimensions of Singing.
Although there are several classes and activities to chose from, there will still be downtime to relax and enjoy your “retreat” with new friends from around the globe! There is an incredible home-theater, pool table, and two furnished covered decks with hot-tubs, plus an indoor swimming pool and hiking trails on the property, where you can enjoy Cherokee Orchard’s gorgeous Smoky Mountain views. You can also settle in to your private room to watch tv and relax at any time. If you wish to go out at night, or stay an extra day in the area (there are many affordable hotels near by), you can visit the famed Dollywood Theme Park just 15 minutes away.
“I’ve never been through anything like this before. I love seeing that everyone here is so special and unique and that we can learn and help each other become what we are capable of. I am understanding more about who I am as an artist.”
– Bárbara Dias (Brazil)
“Throga is my second family. I always have so much fun at these! The retreat is a magnet to the most amazing people. Everyone is so encouraging and inspiring. Every time I come I pick up more and more knowledge and become more and more confident in myself as a singer and even as a person. It’s amazing. I can’t even say enough about it!”
– Amanda Beck (Florida, USA)
“Everyone is so kind and understanding. I would absolutely do this again!”
– Doran Muntean (Romania)
“The retreat is awesome! The mentors have so much experience and they know how to break things down for you and to help you apply all of this knowledge. I was reassured by my experience here that my voice is unique and that I can embrace that, as that’s what we are really looking for.”
– Brigitte Krahn (Paraguay)
“I think anyone would benefit from coming to a Throga Retreat. You just learn so much about yourself and make bonds with other singers that you will have forever.”
– Lilli Beehler (Michigan, USA)
“I’ve learned so much. Richard has so much knowledge and I’m excited to see what the Throga technique does to my voice when I practice what I’ve learned. I would definitely come to another Throga Retreat!”
– Danielle Steynvaardt (South Africa)
“I’ve learned so much about who I am as a singer, both my strengths and weaknesses, which was the whole point in my coming here. You wont leave here without knowing the key things to work on and develop. I would absolutely do this again!”
– Camron Seamon (New York, USA)
“The people are like family here, even though coming from so many different countries. I really like the atmosphere. So positive and still constructive. I have learned to dig very deep into my emotions and how to bring it forward. The classes has helped me quite a bit, especially with my range and articulation, making me a better singer and performer. My favorite parts of the retreat is recording the song in the studio and then enjoying the company in the evenings after all the work is done with all the other singers.”
– Tim Taubman (Switzerland)
“I’m absolutely loving it! It’s been the best experience. I love the diversity of people and am just embracing everything! It’s lovely.”
– Cass Sweeny (Australia)
“I’ve had SO much fun! I learned I could actually sing in front of other people.”
– Ann Marie Ahrns (New York, USA)
“For me, my voice really lacked in terms of confidence and range when I first started with Throga and now I can do so much with it. Learning the techniques and what’s going on with the anatomy is so helpful. My favorite part of the retreat is being able to meet other people who are at different levels and still feel comfortable with who I am as a singer.”
– Ryan Polly (Vermont, USA)
Early bird registration for this retreat is now open! There are a LIMITED number of openings due to the number of rooms in the Retreat Cabin and, more importantly, for purposes of maintaining an intimate environment for learning and one-on-one engagement with each mentor. Click the button below for all retreat fees, options and payment schedule.